Best Ever Peanut Butter Bars


3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix and then add:
1/2 cup flour
2 cups oatmeal

Pour into jelly roll pan/large cookie sheet and cook 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown in 350 oven.

Let cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting (homemade of course)

{syd's notes} These are the best ever! I love that it makes a huge pan- perfect to share with others and still leaves plenty for us to eat.

{source} my mom who got it from the school lunch lady

2 comments:

The Pin-Head Post said...

Could you possibly post the chocolate frosting recipe??? Please??? :D

Sydney said...

I don't really have a chocolate frosting that I use all the time. Here's one I like:

2 1/2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup evaporated milk, cream or milk.

I mix the cocoa and the butter first- then alternate with the powdered sugar and a little milk until I get it to the consistency I need for whatever I'm making.