1 pound elbow macaroni
1/4 c. butter
4 Tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
4 cups grated Sharp Cheddar cheese
Cook macaroni according to package. Drain. In a large pot, belt butter. Add flour and stir. Pour milk and cook, stirring constantly until thick. Add salt, pepper and dry mustard, then add 3 cups of the cheese and stir just until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and add cooked macaroni and mix together. Pour into 9x13 pan, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake 350 for 30 minutes.
{syd's notes} I accidentally doubled the cheese sauce one time and decided to freeze it. It froze perfectly. When I went to use it I just microwaved the sauce, cooked the noodles and threw it together. Very quick and very tasty.
I've also made it using several kinds of cheeses. Although the sauce wasn't as "strong", it was still very tasty.
{source} Sarah B.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment